If you are a Customer-Hosted customer and would like to upgrade your server, there are a few steps to follow as well as a few options that are important to note. There is no need to reboot the server, stop services, or do the upgrade after hours. Just follow these steps if you would like to upgrade your server to the latest:
Upgrading the Server
- Go to the EIOBoard server where you would like to make the upgrade.
- Go to the latest release on our website. The latest release can be found at http://www.eioboard.com/Releases.aspx .
- Once you open the latest release, you will be taken to a page labeled “EIOBoard Release Version x.x.xx”.
- Under “Customer-Hosted Customers”, there are two installers in the number 2 option (as seen below):
- Which installer you want to run depends on what type of Computer you are using. To check if you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit server, open up a file explorer. Right click on Computer or My Computer and go to Properties. Under the System section will be System Type. This will tell you that the operating system is either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- If you are using a 32-bit server, you will want to download the first installer. If you are using a 64-bit server, you will want to download the second installer.
- Download the correct installer and then run it.
- A window will pop up, asking if you want to upgrade your EIOBoard Server. Click “Next”.
- When the upgraded server starts to get set up, the following window should come up to show you its progress.
- When the setup is all finished, a window will pop up to let you know that the new server was installed and set up successfully. Click “Finish” and the upgraded server will run automatically.
- Now that you have finished the installation, the server has been upgraded automatically. You do not need to manually uninstall the old server, redirect it, etc.
- If your SQL database is on a separate server, make sure to manually upgrade it as well
Upgrading the Clients
Now that you have upgraded your server to the latest release, you have the option to upgrade your clients. This does not have to be done, but it is recommended. The latest client can be found on the same page online that the Server Installer was found. Simply download and run the Application, Outlook Add-in, or other features that you want to upgrade.
Note: When upgrading a client, be sure that your client version matches or is lower than the server version. The Server must match or be greater than the clients or else the client will not be able to run.
After the Update
There are several things you may have to check or reset depending on the versions you are upgrading between:
Changing Minimum Password and Username Length Requirements
Active Directory login not working after a server upgrade
Active Directory Changes after version 10.3.47+
Disabling Automatic Upgrades
If you would like automatic client upgrades to be disabled, you can do this for an entire company or for an individual user. For more details, visit the following page: http://www.eioboard.com/HelpfulGuidesandPages/DisableAutomaticUpdate.aspx
Metabase Compatibility error during Upgrade
Upgrading EIOBoard Server on one Machine and SQL Server Remotely Accessible on Another
Manually Upgrade the Database