Install Mag Stripe Reader for Kiosk
Posted by Tyler Skene on 13 May 2014 04:43 PM
In order to use the Mag Stripe Reader with the kiosk, the reader has to be assigned a COM port. The driver that you will need in order to do this is found in the link below:
Model Number: IDMB-336133B
Once you have the files saved to your computer and unzipped, you can begin the installation and configuration process.
1. Plug in the Mag Stripe Reader
2. Go to the Device Manager
Start > Search > Device Manager
3. Right click the Unknown Device under Other Devices
4. Choose the option Update Driver Software...
5. Select Browse my computer for driver software
6. Navigate and select the folder that you saved on your computer with the installation driver (inf file).
7. Click Next and wait for the driver to install.
8. Go to the Device Manager again to see what port the device is assigned.
Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > ID TECH
9. Open the EIOBoard Kiosk and log in as an administrator
10. Go to the Options tab
11. Select the COM port that corresponds with the Mag Strip Reader
12. Choose the Magnetic Strip option
13. Save the settings