Electronic In Out Board Solutions
How to Register an ID Card for EB Punch
Posted by Jacob Fairbairn on 09 November 2012 09:47 AM
Registering an ID Card for EB Punch is a very simple process. You will need access to your EB Punch software and to an admin’s EIOBoard Client. Here are the instructions:|
- You will need to find out the ID of the card you are registering. If you already know the ID, skip to step 5. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- In order to find your unregistered card’s ID, scan it into a scanner that has already been set up.
- After scanning the unregistered card, run EB Punch software by clicking the icon in the system tray. The EIOBoard Punch window will come up.
- Scroll down to the latest scan. Find the scan that failed. The number in the UserID column is the card’s ID. Take note of this ID. An example is seen below.
- Once you know the unregistered card’s ID, open the EIOBoard Application or Outlook Add-In. This does not have to be on the EB Punch machine. Log in as an admin.
- Right-click on the user for whom you want to assign the ID Card. Click on Contact Details.
- The Contact Details window will come up. In the Contact Details tab, click .
- In the Edit Contact Info tab, change the User ID to the ID of the unregistered card.
- When finished, click and go back to the application.
- To test that the card was registered successfully, make sure the user’s status is something other than the status that the EB Puch will set their status to. Now scan the newly registered ID, and this user’s status should change to the status set by the EB Punch.