Electronic In Out Board Solutions
How do I configure the Kiosk Status Board view?
Posted by Jacob Fairbairn on 21 November 2012 12:27 PM
The Status Board screen in the EIOBoard Kiosk is certainly customizable. To configure this, you will need to create a new view. Here are the instructions on how to do this:|
- Open the Kiosk and log in as the administrator.
- Go to the Views and click on the “New” button to create a new view. Now you will be able to customize your new view.
- In the General tab, give the view a name and customize the general settings as you would like them. You can set the refresh interval, the font color, how users are sorted, whether guests are viewed, etc.
- If you would like the status board to show only users who are “In” (for example), you can set the Filter Status to “In”. This can be done for any Status or Group, if you only want a certain Kiosk to display users in a certain group or section of the company. This can also be done for User Location and Status Location.
- In the Columns tab, you can select all the columns that will be seen in this view. By default, all columns will be shown. If you would like to pick which columns to view, you can pick which columns to show by clicking on the “Show/Hide” button. If you would only like a small amount of columns shown, you can optionally click the “Hide All” button and then select the few columns you want by clicking on the “Show/Hide” button (this will save the work of manually deselecting a large amount of undesired columns). Lastly, you can select which columns change colors based on the color of the user’s status.
- In the Column Headers tab, you can customize the displayed names of each column. For example, if you don’t like the column title of “Last Name, First Name”, you can change the displayed title to be something like “User” or “Name”.
- When you are all done with your view, you can click the “Save” button.
- Back in the Views tab (when logged in as the administrator), be sure to check the checkbox next to the name of your new view.
- Now go to the Status Board from the Main Menu, and see your new customized view!